Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE OTHER SIDE OF PASSION

The other side of Passion

By O Bolaji

Dynamite in pulchritudinous form
Delectable contours attenuating the masculine will
Statuesque figure, model-like
Her carriage deliciously beguiling
Tantalising, knowledgeably sensuous lips
Eyes reeling one in, ineluctably
Skin alluringly refulgent
And dressed to kill

Dare I confess -
That I trembled at her seductive hearth?
That I dreamed of having her as mine
Impossible. An absurd ludicrous dream!
But the dream came true...
Maggie intoxicatingly became mine
Days and nights of bliss. Unbridled passion
So dreams do come true

Hayibo, now the dream has metamorphosed
Into grisly, Technicolour nightmare
My body is rocked with disease
Purulent outgrowths all over
And panoply of others in its wake
Maggie has given me a "social disease"!
Perhaps even Aids?
Hearken to my pathos and cries

- From the book, Snippets (1998) by O Bolaji

2 comments:

TM THIBA said...

Mr B you consider this poem a rubbish,this is the one of the poem that shows authentic feelings that derives from within and telling someone your mind and your heart.YOU INSTIGATE ME ALL THE TIME.

Hector said...

Eish Chief I was enjoying the second stanza until I figured that Maggie gave me a social desease HIV!!! EVEN AFTER HER BEAUTY!!! What a nightmare this poem becomes at the end of it!!!what made you think of putting it this way Chief? This is power packed in stacks of coils Omoseye. This is an awareness campaign already. I need a copy of snippets to read more. Big ups Bolaji the great Chief! I salute your skill with my forever running ink that never runs dry!